Lily has so many mementos and keepsakes and nowhere to keep them until now! I discovered Buttons Galore & More at Creativation and I was instantly intrigued. After taking some time to search through their thousands of creative embellishments I was inspired to create a unicorn keepsake box for my sweet Lily. I love this box because you can use an old gift box and it could also be used a jewelry box, bow box or gift box for a little girl! Check out the easy how-to video below. I listed all the supplies and instructions below the video!
Rainbow Unicorn Shaker Mix
Hello Cupcake Embellishment Kit
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Curled Gift Ribbon
Sparkle Card StockClear
Plastic (Tip: use the packaging from the buttons)
Gold Sticker Letters
- Take a piece of thick plastic. Ideally you can use a packaging fromyour buttons. Fold it over (if it isn't already folded). Add stickerletters of the name of the child who will get this beautiful box!
- Glue the square on three sides.
- Fill the pouch with the Rainbow Unicorn Shaker Mix. Glue the fourth side shut.
- Glue the pouch to the inside lid of the gift box.
- Glue ribbon trim around the edges of the pouch. I used the ribbon that came in the Hello Cupcake Embellishment Kit.
- Add a charm from the Kit to the top of the inside lid for a special touch.
- Close the lid.
- Roll a piece of glitter card stock into a cone. Glue the enamel dotsfrom the Hello Cupcake Embellishment Kit in a spiral around the cone.
- Cut eyelashes out of black card stock and glue to the front of the box.
- Cut a half circle from pink card stock for the unicorn snout and glue to the front of the box.
- Glue two Candy Heart Buttons to the front of the box for the cheeks.
- Add buttons for the snout nostrils.
- Close the box lid and turn right side up.
- Glue the horn on top of the box towards the front.
- Add gift wrap curly ribbon around the horn.
- Glue Candy Heart Buttons, Shimmering Heart Buttons and Enamel Dots to the curly ribbon.
- Fill the box with special momentos!
I am so excited to keep adding special keepsakes to this box for mysweet Lily! This is the first of many fun projects I will be doing inpartnership with Buttons Galore & More. I am so excited to share allthe amazing products they have to embellish your crafts andcelebrations!