Altered Salt Shakers
Tis the season to find some great discounts on Halloween and Christmas items - Dollar stores, thrift stores, big box craft stores and on-line stores all need to move inventory so go hunt and see what treasures you can stash!
Here are some helpful tips for supplies
-I love the Dollar stores because they have some great seasonal items that you can rip apart for supplies without feeling bad. Check it out for some of these treasures listed below:
- Raffia for Scarecrow - Dollar Store. You may need to rip apart some floral decorations
- Black Cheese Cloth - Dollar Store. Black Creep cheesecloth table cloths, rip the cheesecloth off a creepy decoration.
- Burlap - Rolls of inexpensive colored burlap.
- Styrofoam balls - they sell various sized foam balls
- Salt Shakers - plastic and glass
Scarecrow Altered Salt Shaker
First up, the scarecrow. His head is a Styrofoam ball lightly inked and wrapped around it.
I can't really provide specifics on the Styrofoam and ornament balls to use for the heads. The head size will be determined by the shaker you use.
The buttons, shaker mix and 3D bat button sticking out of the in the hat are from Buttons Galore and More.
The eyes and mouth are paper with black sequins for accent.